Designing Content for Virality, Engagements & Impact
As a copywriter and social media manager, I led social media marketing campaigns for many brands — often from scratch — at Jack In the Box Worldwide (2011-12). This growth chart is based on actual Facebook data from some of my happy clients.
My speaker deck, “How to write perfect sentences for Facebook (Twitter, Linkedin, websites, headlines, brochures, etc),” has trended on SlideShare with 48K+ views; it contains original samples of my Facebook posts, writing and design.
In February 2017, I helped a leading digital publishing startup in India to fine-tune their approach to content marketing. These are actual performance data for Feb 1-23 (23 days) compared to previous month Jan 1-31 (31 days) while I led the in-house digital marketing team as a content marketer.
Media: Blog, Newsletter, Social (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
Jan – 54.5K impressions per day
Feb – 59.9K impressions per day
Jan – 5.7%
Feb – 6.6%
Jan – 3.6 link clicks per day (111.8K)
Feb- 3.6 link clicks per day (86K)
Jan – 10 RTs per day
Feb – 23 RTs per day
Jan – 20 likes per day (Total: 631)
Feb – 47 likes per day (Total: 1.1K)
Jan – 5 replies per day (Total: 147)
Feb – 9 replies per day (Total: 217)
Engagements - Up by 102% (120,265)
Page Likes - Up by 166% (708)
Reach - Up by 91% (1,374,473)
Actions - Up by 178% (89)
Page Views - Up by 95% (1562)
Videos - Views up by 5,823 (19,308)
NEWSLETTER – REDESIGN
Following the newsletter redesign initiative to make it more reader-friendly with prominent call-to-actions, A/B results showed higher click rates.
Jan – 195
Feb – 236
Jan – 19%
Feb – 32%
Jan – 37
Feb – 77
TRAFFIC – BLOG
As the result of the new social media approach and newsletter redesign, the blog received 17.02% increase in Sessions (5,075 vs 4,337) of which 5.04% sessions are New (first time visits). At least one session per user is up by 19.24% (4,171 vs 3,498).
Traffic from Newsletter to Blog (previously absent from top 10 traffic sources):
New Sessions: 42%
New Users: 38
Client: Tata Tea
Campaign: Jaago Re!
Agency: Dentsu Webchutney, Mumbai
Roles: Copywriter & Content Strategist, Social Media Manager
> Watch video about the campaign here on Youtube!
- Strategy & Execution — Led social media strategy, leveraging Twitter, Facebook and Youtube to boost brand awareness and engagements for Tata Tea’s Jaago Re! campaign
- Brand Watch — Listened to what people were saying about the brand and proposed ways to take the ongoing campaign ahead
- Influencer Marketing — Networked extensively with media partners, bloggers and social media evangelists; organized a meet up for the top influencers on social media
- Copywriting / Content Development — Planned, created and measured performance of content for existing websites, blogs and social media channels
- Search Engine Optimization — Seeded thousands of links on hundreds of Facebook pages, popular and no-so-popular forums and blogs with numerous accounts to build strong search engine presence and drive traffic to the site
Jaago Re! Meet Up, 2010