CONTENT ARCHITECT, CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Self, New Delhi, 2012-present
I’m a media-agnostic content architect and creative director, specializing in developing competitive positioning, impactful branding, and result-oriented content strategy and communication for leading brands and businesses, advertising agencies and content marketing firms.
- Speaker deck about the new rules of brand engagement trended on SlideShare with 45K+ views
- Written and designed fundraising pitches and presentations for the biggest venture capital firms and IT/Consulting companies in South Asia
- Helped solve brand identity crisis of agencies like Mindworks Global Media and Janus Koncepts, and multinational real estate firms like Shreevaas Infrastructure
- Launched Yamaha Ray on social media
Agency Experience: MWG/, Jack In the Box Worldwide, Webchutney, BBDO, NH8 Films
FOUNDING EDITOR & PUBLISHER
Mithila Review, New Delhi, ￼￼October 2015 – Present
Mithila Review is (South) Asia’s first international science fiction and fantasy magazine; it’s probably the first genre magazine in Asia to run as an open, crowd-funded publication available to read online for free. Work published in Mithila Review has been featured/mentioned in several prominent publications including Wired, Boing Boing, Tor, Hindustan Times, Clarkesworld, Strange Horizons, Elle, among others. Award nominations include Science Fiction Poetry Association’s Rhysling Award.
Mithila Review‘s Asian Science Fiction & Fantasy group on Facebook is the largest online community of readers, writers, editors and publishers active in the Asian Science Fiction & Fantasy scene globally.
Languages published: English, Czech, Chinese; select work translated into Spanish. We’re working to get fiction and poetry translated in major South Asian languages.
MWG /, New Delhi, April 2014 – April 2015
- Helped position and transition Mindworks Global Media (MWG/) from a “copyediting” to a “content marketing” firm
- Mapped competition; identified and helped test new market segments for business growth
- Helped identify, set up, optimize and deliver results-oriented content marketing solutions for technology startups and IT heavyweights (Fortune 500 companies)
- Introduced data-driven approach to content, marketing, design
- Led rebranding – Identity, brand voice, marketing collaterals; website design and development + copy
- Planned, developed and designed pitch presentations, and marketing collaterals for blogs, social media, event
- Oversaw hiring, training and managing team to achieve set goals; ensured quality performance and timely delivery daily from team
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER | EX-SOCIAL MEDIA HEAD
Jack in the Box Worldwide, Mumbai, February 2011 – June 2012
- As an early social and new media professional, actively contributed toward the growth of the digital arm of 120 Media Collective from an early startup to a leader in digital landscape in India
- Introduced sound web design and development principles; led social media initiatives and managed social apps and web development projects
- Served as a creative leader and project manager for web and social media clients
- Mentored, trained and directed a team of fresh and junior web developer and designers
- Led on-ground events and photoshoots
Brand Experience: Red Bull, Sony, LP Louis Philippe, L’Oreal Paris, Ed Hardy, Bestseller, The Backpacker Co, Away and Beyond, The Wanderers, 3rd Rock Entertainment, and Leeds Metropolitan University
Fahrenheit Films, Mumbai, November 2010 – January 2011
- Produced dozens of promos, events videos and special features for Bollywood Hungama, a leading entertainment portal
- Shot part of the making of Shah Rukh Khan’s Indian superhero movie Ra. One
CONTENT STRATEGIST, SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Dentsu Webchutney, Mumbai, March 2010 – Oct 2010
- Strategy & Execution — Led social media strategy, leveraging Twitter, Facebook and Youtube, to boost engagements, conversations and brand awareness for Tata Tea’s Jaago Re! campaign, Titan, and Makemytrip.com
- Listened to what people were saying about the brand and proposed ways to take the ongoing campaign ahead, online and offline
- Networked extensively with media partners, bloggers and social media evangelists for Jago Re! campaign
- Planned, created and measured performance of content for existing websites/blogs and social media channels
- Seeded thousands of links on hundreds of Facebook pages, popular and no-so-popular forums and blogs with numerous accounts to build strong search engine presence and drive traffic to the site
National Geographic, Mumbai, June 2009 – July 2009
After a brief film course from Film and Television Institute (FTII) in Pune, I worked on a National Geographic documentary: Inside Mumbai Terror Attack
Mindworks Global Media, New Delhi, April 2008 – May 2009
Copyedited The Miami Herald International at Mindworks Global (which I would later help rebrand as MWG/ in 2014) – an outsourcing hub for editorial and design work for major international publishers, including The New York Times. A typical work day included:
- Editing wire stories according to AP /in-house stylebook
- Writing headlines, blurbs, summaries, and preparing all the fun read for our daily subscribers
- Designing and proofreading broadsheet for typos, grammar and style issues
Various, Kathmandu, 2005 – 2007
- News stories and features published in print and online publications in various countries: India, Nepal, England, South Korea, Canada, etc.
- As a citizen journalist, worked with a digital media startup, and then joined ekantipur.com—the country’s largest publication.
- “Kathmandu Speaks,” my blog about arts, culture and politics, was among the nation’s top five English-language blogs.
- Interviewed/featured in several publications including Himal Southasian, Toward Forward, and Faces of Nepal-Media
- My first music video for a jazz score, “Autumn Leaves” by Miles Davis & Cannonball Adderley, has crossed 315K views on Youtube since 2010